Sunday, October 9, 2016

How people get their news iparticipate7

Ben Browning


Over the break I was lucky enough to see my parents and grandparents, who are perfect to interview over this weeks topic.  I have came to the conclusion that my grandparents are more effected by television than my parents.  This is because they haven't always had television.  When they were kids they would get their news from the radio.  Now that they have T.V. my grandma gets her news from CNN and my grandpa gets his news from FOX News.  Both of my parents get their news from CNN and local news stations.  Unlike my grandparents my parents also have certain apps they can get their news from.

The T.V. news experience that both my grandparents and parents remember the most is 9/11.  They said they remember this so well because all they did was watch T.V. for hour and hours when 9/11 happened.  They said they're other moments on television that they remember but none as vivid and intense as 9/11.

My parents watch a lot of T.V. but not as much as my grandparents.  This is because my parents now have other ways to receive their news.  My grandparents do not have apps like my parents do to get their news.  Receiving their news from T.V. is still my parents favorite way to get their news because they feel they can connect to the event on a personal level because they are watching it and they have someone telling them what happened.  This is something they cant get on an app.

Both my parents and grandparents think that cable T.V. news is better than regular station news because of the quality and they feel that the anchors are better.  My parents have totally stop reading and receiving news papers.  My grandparents still get news papers but they barely read them.  They both prefer cable T.V. news over any other way to get news.  

No comments:

Post a Comment